Come on in and sit a spell.. have a look around, we sure hope you enjoy your stay!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Some fun things to share with y'all !




Good morning, it's so good to see you all here! 


This week has been eventful, to say the least! HA!!

My son is in JROTC with his high school and they had their Battalion picnic at school. I think it turned out really great, despite the scattered rain showers, the kids managed to have a blast!

The kids ate burgers and hot dogs then played tug of war.. let me tell ya...that was the most entertaining thing I have ever witnessed! Even a future JROTC cadet got in on the action! (see the little guy in front wearing cowboy boots!) 

With the holidays coming up, I have been collecting a number of what I think will be some really tasty recipes. And of course, I got them all from my favorite source.. Pinterest! 

The first recipe I found is 

Pumpkin Fudge! Found on Real Mom Kitchen blog


I haven't made this yet, but my mouth has been watering.. I just hope it tastes as good as it sounds. I'll let y'all know how it goes when I do make it!

The next recipe I found through Pinterest is, 
Baileys Vanilla Bean Fudge Found this one through the Not So Humble Pie blog



If you are a fan of Vanilla, then let me tell ya.. this is the fudge for you! Just looking at the photo, this fudge looks so soft and creamy. This is another recipe I can't wait to try! 

I think I also want to try this:

The Great Pumpkin Cake! Found on A Merrier World blog. 

pumpkin-cake-assembly

From the looks of this photo, this is a Pumpkin Bundt mold, but I think that I can just use my bundt and rig it to look like a pumpkin, eh?  Just hope mine turns out looking as good as this one does! 

This blog is fantastic, if you look on the right hand side, there is a list of "Favorite Feasts" and there are many to choose from! 


Well, the laundry won't do it's self, so I better get in there and do some work.

Hope y'all have a great day and if you try any of these recipes let me know.. better yet, feel free to share the things you've tried or your favorite recipe. 

Till next time! 


1 comment:

  1. Yummy, the pumpkin cake is great idea, very clever to use a bundt pan!

    ReplyDelete