Come on in and sit a spell.. have a look around, we sure hope you enjoy your stay!!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Feature of the month.. August !

Feature of the month.. August! 

Today I’m featuring a fantastic artist on Artfire, Urban Survival Gear U.S.A 

Questions for the artist

Q. How did you get started in your particular craft? What drew you to it in the first place?

A. I was looking for a specific leather bracelet style which I could not find, so I decided to make it myself. I went to a local bead store and got lost there for two hours. (In a very good way) I was immediately entranced by the feel and sounds of colorful creative possibilities in the bins surrounding me. This coupled with my self- diagnosed case of Functioning Attention Deficit Disorder …. There was no turning back….. A passion was born! 
Before too long, I was sourcing materials from International Suppliers and Urban Survival Gear USA was born. 

Q. How do you overcome the times you are feeling uninspired?

A. I do not feel this way very often and if I do it’s a quick fix. After just a few minutes of riffling through my studio or sourcing new materials on line, I generally get re-energized with a new concept or idea.

Q. Where can we see more of your work?
A. I maintain a direct wholesale web site at www.urbansurvivalgearusa.com 
In addition, I currently have shops open on Artfire, Etsy, Goodsmiths and Zibbet
Urban Survival Gear USA - can also be found in numerous Gift Shops and Specialty Retailers Nationwide 

Q.  Do you have any advice for someone just starting out ?
A. Keep your passion and never… ever ….give up on your dream.
If I may….This favorite quote kind of says it all….
"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible."

Q. What’s your favorite medium to work with ?
A. I love the smell, feel and strength of leather. I also enjoy working with more affordable alternative metals.

And now for a glimpse into the artist's shop!

8 piece set - 5 Slip Knot Adjustable Leather Bracelets and 3 Lobster Clasp Pendants - Urban Survival Gear USA

8 piece set - 5 Slip Knot Adjustable Leather Bracelets and 3 Lobster Clasp Pendants - Urban Survival Gear USA


Black Braided Triple Wrap Mens Leather  Bracelet

Metallic Berry Womens Leather Bracelet  Triple Strand Double Wrap  - Urban Survival Gear USA

Unisex Womens Mens Necklace Chain Antique Bronze Toned With Lock and Key - Urban Survival Gear USA


Be sure to come back and visit us next Tuesday, where we will feature another very talented artist! 

Disclaimer: Each artist featured here today has given Cobalt Moon Jewelry written permission to do a feature on their work. The photos seen in this post were used solely for that purpose.

If you are an Artfire or Etsy artist and you would like for your work to be featured here on Cobalt Moon Jewelry, I would love to talk with you. Please email me cdowdle2 (at) gmail (dot) com 

Or if you know of an Artfire or Etsy artist, please email me! I am always looking for talented artists to feature!

Stay tuned for next month's feature





No comments:

Post a Comment